Terms and conditions of FoodChain Gift Card
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms“) apply where you use, purchase or contribute to a FoodChain Gift Card (“Gift Card“) or e-Gift Card (“e-Gift Card“).
- By using, purchasing or contributing to a Gift Card or e-Gift Card, you agree to these Terms.
- If you allow another person to use or take possession of your Gift Card or e-Gift Card, you must tell that person that they will be bound by these Terms.
- In addition to these Terms, you should also refer to FoodChain’s general terms and conditions.
FoodChain Gift Cards
- FoodChain Gift Cards are issued by FoodChain Limited (“FoodChain”) and are redeemable for merchandise sold by FoodChain at our website www.foodchainathome.co.nz
- Gift Cards may not be used for any other purpose. Purchase with a Gift Card is as if the purchase was made by way of cash payment. Gift Cards may not be redeemed for cash. They are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities.
- A single Gift Card can be loaded with a minimum value of $20 and a maximum value of $1,000.
- Gift Card credit will expire 24 months from issue date. After expiry, the Gift Card is no longer valid. All transactions will be declined and any outstanding balance will be forfeited to FoodChain. Find out the expiry date on your Gift Card and check card balance at http://www.foodchainathome.co.nz
- Gift Cards should be held in a secure place, as any person holding the Gift Card may be able to use it to make purchases.
- Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced. Any unused balance left on expiry will not be refunded.
- Gift Cards will be void and will not be redeemable if they are defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
- If you have a dispute about the goods or services, you must resolve the dispute with FoodChain.
- If you wish to return goods you purchased with your Gift Card, it is not possible to reimburse funds to the Gift Card. FoodChain will need to provide a refund or credit, subject to the terms and conditions under which the original purchase was made.
- The bearer of a Gift Card may not consolidate the balances of several Gift Cards onto a new Gift Card.
- FoodChain reserves the right to cancel any Gift Card, or the Gift Card programme, for any reason at any time without notice. If this occurs, the balance on all valid Gift Cards will be refunded to the holder on presentation of the Gift Card.
- FoodChain may vary these Terms from time to time by posting revised Terms on our website. If you already have a Gift Card and you are unhappy with any changes to the Terms, then the Gift Card balance will be refunded upon request as long as you make that request prior to the expiry of the Gift Card.
- Your Gift Card may not be copied or reproduced in any circumstances.
FoodChain e-Gift Cards
- FoodChain e-Gift Cards can be purchased online at www.foodchainathome.co.nz (“Website”)-. The person purchasing the e-Gift Card is referred to as the “Contributor”.
- The Website allows the purchaser to email the e-Gift Card to the recipient’s nominated email address.
- An e-Gift Card can be loaded with a minimum value of $20 and a maximum value of $1,000.
Redeeming an e-Gift Card
- Once the recipient has received the e-Gift Card by email, the recipient goes online to www.foodchainathome.co.nz to make a transaction and use the code as method of payment in the check out process.
- FoodChain takes no responsibility if the e-Gift Card is obtained and used by the wrong person, where the wrong email address is used by the Contributor or where the e-Gift Card is lost or stolen, unless this is the fault of FoodChain.
- Subject to any rights you may have at law, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act, all e-Gift Cards are sold on a no refund, exchange or cancellation basis.
- These Terms are governed by New Zealand law.
- We do not collect any credit card information in the purchase of gift cards online. This information is collected and used by Payment processing services.